Monday 26 August 2013

My stash-buster challenge - project #2 granny square scarf

Hello there!  I have gone through some of my yarn stash hoping to crochet a long enough scarf for a child or adult.  This is what I have progressed so far with my granny squares.  Since I chanced upon this site that shows me how to do "join-as-you-go" method, I am enjoying making the granny squares, as before this, I have been trying to figure out how to sew or crochet the squares together, as I have not done much joining of crochet pieces before.

I found these two sites really interesting and have used some of their ideas for stash-busting.  See credits below for more details.  Really resisting buying new yarn, as every time I head out of house, I am thinking "buy more yarn" for some summer projects.  As most of the yarn I have now are acrylic and wool.

granny squares
granny squares joined as you go


granny squares

Items you need to do this granny square scarf:
4mm size crochet hook
8ply or DK acrylic yarn in plain colours

This is also where I first learnt how to do a granny square, thought I share it on this site for those interested in the pattern.

http://crochet.about.com/od/learntocrochet/ss/Crochet_Granny_Square.htm


This is still a work in progress ...

Progress so far on 27/8/13





Credits:

http://cozymadethings.blogspot.com.au/search?q=granny+scarf

Join as you go squares method found here:
http://attic24.typepad.com/weblog/joining-asyougo-sqaures.html

No comments:

Post a Comment