Saturday 9 November 2013

Sewing project: reversible bucket hat for toddler

Sewing project:  reversible bucket hat for toddler

The weather in Perth is now getting warmed up and we are really heading into some serious hot weather coming week.  I've been thinking about making a hat for my little girl, and have procrastinated as weather seems cool and at times still cloudy during the day.  So far we have been staying indoors and in shade, but not for long as the weather gets better.  Toddler wants out, so have to make sure she has suitable hat.  The ones she's been wearing is getting too small for comfort.

I finally found something on a blog that I can use and follow, with pattern and step-by-step instructions.  So this is where I found my sewing pattern and tutorial:

http://www.sewmuchado.com/2010/07/tutorial-and-free-pattern-4-in-1-reversible-toddler-bucket-hat.html


I went through my fabric stash and decided to use this two fabrics for the hat, mostly scraps as you don't really need much.

Using scrap pieces of fabric:

Noah's Ark print by Filligree Textiles Pty Ltd - all cotton.
Cherry print (made in Japan) - all cotton.

I decided not to bother with using any interfacing to stiffen the hat, even though I did buy some.  I will save it for my next hat project.  Overall, this effort took me about four hours to complete.  Very painfully slow....

It is not perfectly sewn, but I think that will do for now.  Will try again and hopefully it will be an improvement in the quality of sewing.  Haha!!  As soon as I took some pictures I will share it online.

Reversible bucket hat
Reversible bucket hat for toddler 2T-3T

Reversible bucket hat for toddler 2T-3T
Reversible bucket hat for toddler 2T-3T

Reversible bucket hat for toddler 2T-3T
Noah's Ark print

No comments:

Post a Comment