Friday 25 October 2013

Sewing a gathered elasticated skirt for toddler

Hello there, I found a simple sewing pattern on this blog that shows you how to do an elasticated gathered skirt.  Once I tried it out, it was real easy. It suits a beginner at sewing, that's me.  Just got a Singer sewing machine few months ago, and now I can really try it out and see how I go at this new hobby.

So this was what I used to start it off:

100% cotton, made in Japan, Cherry prints
114cm width x 50cm length
6mm elastic x 50cm/20" length
A safety pin to thread the elastic through.
Scissors
Measuring tape and straight ruler
Fabric chalk for marking

This skirt suits a 2-3 year old girl with waistline 19-20 inches or 54cm waistline.

gathered skirt for toddler

The method and where I found it on this blog:

http://www.thisbigoaktree.com/2012/04/fat-quarter-baby-girl-sash-skirt.html

The only thing I left out was the sash.  Will do it next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment