Tuesday 27 August 2013

Stash - buster challenge crochet project #3 - adult beanie/hat for winter/spring (Kay hat)

Hello there, hope you are enjoying this blog about my yarn stash busting effort.  I have found a really easy crochet pattern for a beanie from revelry.com and would like to share what I have come up with.  It only took me 3 hours maybe to finish, which may be slow for the experienced crocheters out there.

Feel free to check it out on ravelry.com or the actual site for the complete pattern and step by step instructions: http://armyofowls.blogspot.com.au/2011/04/kay-hat-for-few-causes.html

What I used to create this hat:

5mm size crochet hook all the way as I forgot to down size to 4mm when doing the edgings.
8ply or DK acrylic yarn in three different colours (Moda Vera Marvel in off white, orange and brown)

Finished size:

 8" height x 9.5" width of base or 20.5cm height x 24cm width of base
will fit head of circumference 19cm to 22cm, it has quite a bit of stretch as I crochet quite loosely, instead of tightly.

Crochet Kat Hat
Crochet The Kay Hat 

The Kay Hat

adult size ladies beanie

Credits:

http://armyofowls.blogspot.com.au/2011/04/kay-hat-for-few-causes.html

No comments:

Post a Comment